We took the lil’ monkey for her first dental visit this week. I know, I know. We could have taken her earlier — should have taken her earlier. The American Dental Association recommends they come in as soon as the first teeth appear, and no later than the first year.
Yep. Remember, this is the dentists talking.
Our first visit clocked in at the average, which is when the kid’s around three years old. (Fortunately this was A-OK with our pediatrician, who must not golf with dentists, or if she does, she must be carrying a grudge from when the cart ran over her foot that one time.)
Least we’ve been brushing the little things since they first broke through the gums and began to put a crimp — d’oh! — in the ol’ nursing routine.
The lil’ monkey took along her little buddies Amahl and Amahl’s mother (natch).
I already love the dentist (who’ll be seeing to Mama’s and Baba’s teeth soon). She came highly recommended, has a family practice, and obviously loves working with children, who love her back. Or at least ours did. The lil’ monkey was as relaxed as if she were having a manicure.
- Today Is #LGBTQFamiliesDay! Celebrate and Support LGBTQ Families! - Mombian: […] Lesbian Dad Worth it […]...
- Mary Thomas: So happy to "hear" your voice. It comes at the r...
- Natalie: I was never a Bill Clinton or Al Gore fan myself. ...
- Cardamom: So true. So good you're back sharing with us....
- He enjoys being a boy August 6, 2013
- Whose shoes is whose? Or, find the lesbian! June 5, 2007
- Begin again January 4, 2017
- January 11, 1921 – November 10, 2013 November 11, 2013
- 20 questions
- A month o' photos
- Anima animus
- Baba familias
- Blogging for LGBT Families Day
- Ersatz haiku
- From the vault
- Go hetero ally go!
- Kid lit
- LesFam snippet
- Mostly a picture
- Moving pictures
- Nomenclature & taxonomy
- Nonsense fun
- On marriage and commitment
- Re: the bairn
- Re: the lil' monkey
- Re: the lil' peanut
- School work
- Ten lists of ten
- Two kinds o' people
- Visual aids
- Weekend bonus shot